Friday, September 27, 2013

A New Beginning

I've blogged before but as the title indicates this is a "New Beginning."   Over the past few years I have been driving toward missionary service.  This is a great challenge for me not simply because of the Spiritual implications but the physical ones as well.  Am I not healthy?  Am I not fit?  By the standard terms, no.  But, for a guy with  a visual impairment and a mild to moderate muscular disability (depending on which doctor you ask and when you ask them), the physical labor will be hard, but not impossible.  This blog is here to serve three main purposes, though I can't promise I won't venture off at time into other things.  First my goal is to encounter the Gospel, second my goal is to speak to the ministry and discipleship of disabled people around the world.  Third, my goal is to speak to elements of Bible translation.  So many people have no Bible in their written language and  many others do not have a complete Bible in their language.  Moreover, those with physical  and mental limitations might not have access to a Bible that both communicates the Scripture faithfully and in a way that speaks to them in spite of whatever limitations they might have.

There you have it, there's the goal.  It is a lofty goal, but it is a goal that I have and if I can chip just a small chunk of that goal off in my lifetime, that is what I will do.  I will Go to people, I will Translate for people, I will Teach people, and I will Send people when I cannot go. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So proud of you brother! It is a lofty goal but an awesome & inspiring one & Im glad to get to share in it! Already loving the blog & look forward to what God has in store ;)

    ReplyDelete